ANOKA, Minnesota - From the No. 1 Brand in Handgun Ammunition, Federal is proud to introduce new Syntech Defense. These loads produce dynamic terminal performance with a hollow-point bullet that separates into three segments and a deep-penetrating core on impact. Shipments of Syntech Defense ammunition have been delivered to dealers.
The original Syntech changed the range forever. Now, the technology is also revolutionizing protection. The bullet in Syntech Defense has a core that penetrates 12 to 18 inches through bare ballistics gel and heavy clothing — a critical benchmark in self-defense situations and the best terminal performance of any round in its class. The segments create three secondary wound channels, each more than 6 inches deep, adding to the terminal effect.
Like all Syntech loads, an advanced polymer jacket eliminates lead and copper fouling and drastically reduces damaging heat and friction in the barrel. Its Federal exclusive Catalyst primer provides hot, extremely reliable ignition without the use of lead.
Features & Benefits
• Best terminal performance in its class
• Hollow-point bullet separates into three segments and a deep-penetrating core on impact
• Core achieves 12 to 18 inches of penetration in both bare ballistics gel and through heavy clothing
• Segments create three secondary wound channels more than 6 inches deep
• Blue polymer jacket reduces barrel heat and friction and eliminates metal fouling
• Extremely reliable Catalyst lead-free primer
Part No. / Description / MSRP
S9SJT1 / Syntech Defense 9mm Luger 138 grain, 20-count / $19.95
S40SJT1 / Syntech Defense 40 S&W, 175 grain, 20-count / $22.95
S45SJT1 / Syntech Defense 45 Auto, 205 grain, 20-count / $24.95
For more information on Federal ammunition, visit www.federalpremium.com.