Our Community News
Vista Outdoor Joins ElevateHER Challenge
Companies who accept the ElevateHER Challenge commit to implement and actively promote strategies that elevate the role of women in leadership roles.
The ElevateHER Challenge is a program created by Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI). This organization focuses on improving society’s understanding of the value of diversity in leadership roles, training women in leadership skills and showing the positive impact women leaders have on economic development, vitality and the overall health of the state of Utah.
Through the ElevateHER Challenge, Vista Outdoor has committed to the following long-term efforts:
- Women in Executive Positions – Ensure that women are included in the candidate pool for executive positions and encourage women to apply for executive roles with Vista Outdoor.
- Retention of Women – Assess factors which may cause women to consider leaving the company and implement targeted development programs to address those factors.
- Women on Community and Corporate Boards – Foster involvement in community leadership roles, including with local Chambers of Commerce, and corporate boards as paths for growth.
- Gender Pay Equity – Continue (Review?) our existing compensation practices with the goal of equal pay for equal work for all employees based on the use of competitive market data.
- Leadership Development and Mentoring – Identify and promote development opportunities for women both within Vista Outdoor and externally.
- Participation in Public Office – Communicate to employees the value and importance of gender diversity in creating public policy that affects business, communities, and families.
Our participation in the ElevateHER Challenge uniquely positions us, with other market-leading companies, to raise the stature of women’s leadership.